Click on this window to see more ...City of Berkeley Dept. of Mental HealthMay 25 Online Mental Health Forum 5:30 to 7:30pm REGISTERhttps://berkeleyca.gov/safety-health/mental-health/accessing-mental-health-services
- California Council on Criminal Justice and Behavioral Health - https://www.cdcr.ca.gov/ccjbh/ccjbh-news-and-events/
- Mental Health America Peer Services
- SAMHSA Resources for Families Coping with Mental and Substance Use Disorders
- SAMHSA Mental Health Treatment Works
- U.S. Surgeon General’s Advisory on Protecting Youth Mental Health
- Local Organizations With Mental Health Expertise | MentalHealth.gov
Opening In honor of Black History Month – Songs and history of Paul Robeson, a world renowned singer, humanitarian ambassador. some excellent zoom links from SF Panthers and others. Please share a your notable Black History lessons and links by email or chat. History needs making year-round!
1:45 Essential Care Giver Coalition - history and legislative action
Guest Speakers Teresa Palmer, MD (SF Gray Panthers) and Nancy Stephens will share their personal stories and how they became activists with the Essential Caregivers Coalition. They are working to end the forced isolation of residents from family and friends in nursing homes and long-term care facilities under COVID lockdowns or future pandemics. They will discuss HR3733 The Essential Caregivers Act, currently stuck in Congress and a companion bill California AB2546, just introduced and still being edited.
3:10 3. Member/Chapter Announcements
- June 22 - Poor People’s Campaign is planning a March on Washington, June 2022 Plans are underway for events in 48 states. – Liaison Carol Crooks. z
- March 2 6pm – Proposal for Senior Shelter in Berkeley will discussed by Berkeley Panel of Expert on Homelessness for Prop P funding. Liaison: Betsy Morris for Carol Marasovic
- Other announcements from the floor and discussion.
- Wednesday, March 23, 2022 - Next EBGP Speaker Meeting – topic TBA
Extended time for socializing and discussion until 4pm
SCROLL DOWN FOR MORE ANNOUNCEMENTS AND LINKS TO ISSUES OF CONCERN
Go to www.eastbaygraypanthers for calendar updates, to sign up, join, and donate!
- Opening In honor of Black History Month – Songs and history of Paul Robeson, a world renowned singer, humanitarian ambassador. some excellent zoom links from SF Panthers and others. Please share a your notable Black History lessons and links by email or chat. History needs making year-round!