BERKELEY/EAST BAY GRAY PANTHERS SPEAKER MEETING - Open to all!
Essential caregivers movement: Free the prisoners of nursing homes and long-term care facilities
- An update on Gray Panthers nursing home accountability and Transformation campaign
- In nursing homes never again allow allow them to hide our relatives and friends
Special guest Dr. Teresa Palmer, SF Gray Panthers
Nancy Stevens, resident of a long-term care facility in Riverside
What is your the importance of the essential caregivers movement to open up nursing homes to visitors
the status of HR 3733 In Congress, the essential caregiver act
and The parallel bill just introduced introduced here in California
1. Opening In honor of Black History Month – we will share some excellent zoom links from SF Panthers and others. Please share a your notable Black History lessons and links by email or chat. History needs making year-round! --- 1:30 to 1:50pm
2. Featured Campaign: Transformation of Nursing Homes:
Guests: Teresa Palmer, MD (SF Gray Panthers) and Nancy Stephens, will share their personal stories and how they became activists with the Essential Caregivers Movement and Gray Panthers to end the forced isolation of residents from family and friends in nursing homes and long-term care facilities under COVID lockdowns. They will discuss HR3733 currently stuck in Congress, and California AB2546, just introduced. 1:50 to 3PM.
Photo below is the SF Panthers ISOLATION KILLS rally.
3. Member/Chapter Announcements
Poor People’s Campaign March on Washington, June 2022
Extended time for socializing and discussion until 4pm
The Fourth Wednesday of the month, come hear our featured speaker and talk with other Panthers.
Currently virtual (zoom and phone) during COVID, hopefully soon together back in person.
RSVP to receive the zoom link and to receive a reminder email.
Get in touch with any questions: 510-842-6224 voice or text
We organize public Speaker Meetings and Member Meetings and Board Meetings throughout the year, usually from 1:30 to 3:30pm on Wednesdays. There is usually time for announcements from Members and the community, and requests for endorsements.