We meet every Wednesday at 1:30 by phone or Zoom.
The fourth Wednesday of each month we host a public program with guest speakers on special topics, along with reports and updates on our ongoing campaigns or new initiatives brought to our attention. Join East Bay Gray Panthers to receive emails about Speaker Meeting programs.
The last half hour is for continued discussion, general announcements and social time.
The other Wednesdays of the month, members of the board meet between 1:30 and 3 to make endorsements, plan and share upcoming actions, make executive decisions and shoot the breeze! Members, partners, and newcomers are welcome to drop in! but you may want to call the convenor if you'd like time on the agenda.
In the fall we often host proposition and candidate forums; The OCTOBER Speakers Meeting is also an annual Member Meeting for Election to the Board of Directors and related business. We do not meet during Thanksgiving week, so look for other dates on our events calendar.
November meeting focus: Dark Money in Politics
Convene at 1:30, hellos and greetings, identify other items to discuss
1:40 Paola LaVerde chair of the Rent Board on MEASURE MM, new demolition ordinance; progress with Berkeley Housing Authority, section 8 vouchers, ways to amplify voice of renters.
Letter to California Affordable Housing Tax Credits Allocation Committee will share at meeting - Betsy
est. 2:30 National GP campaign to remove Ezekial Emanuel from Biden's Covid 19 Task Force - rationing of healthcare; letters from SF/Kansas Panthers Michael Lyon, David Kingsley Helen Walsh
Homelessness Solidarity/Landless People's Alliance - Michael, Carole
Your announcements; upcoming events
Adjourn 3:30 (social time until 4pm)
Campaigns/Coalitions/Issues currently tracking - more bird-dogs always welcome!
- Nursing Home Safety, Accountability, and Worker Solidarity under COVID and beyond
- California Master Plan on Aging/Community Health Equity
- Medicare for All
- Accessibility, Disability, Inclusion Solidarity and Advocacy
- Eviction Defense/Renters Rights and Rent Control
- Homeless Solidarity/Landless Peoples Alliance
- Concerns of Local Senior HUD Housing Tenants/National Alliance of HUD Tenants
- Racial Justice & Right of Return/Black Lives Solidarity
- Berkeley Fair and Just Policing Initiatives
- Design & Development at BART, Adeline Corridor
- Climate Emergency Mobilization/Green New Deal
- State Legislation tracking with CARA and EBHO
Long Term Support Services; Nursing Home Accountability
- California Master Plan for Aging: We are part of Panther Networks working together to shape policy.
Eviction Defense & Homeless Solidarity: People’s Park Defense Committee
Senior Housing Reports (National Alliance of HUD Tenants (NAHT) and Redwood Gardens)
- Berkeley Redistricting Commission: How you can get involved in reshaping our representation.
Join via Zoom:
Explore the links on this page to learn more about our many allies and campaigns we are part of.
Your RSVP on this page is appreciated but not required. If you do RSVP we'll email a link with full access info for the call.