There's no Solano Stroll this year, so instead we'll be tabling at a smaller event, the Sip, Shop and Celebrate event on Sunday, July 25. It'll be more like an "art walk." No food vendors, just a chance to enjoy the fine options on the street.
CONFIRMED: We will be at the 76 station at the corner of Solano and Colusa, across from Peet’s, near Zachary’s Pizza and Andronico’s Community Market. Nearby booths include ACLU and Alternative Press. Our neighbor Artist Gary Goldberg has work on display across the street. Join us!
Instead of the street closed, a parade, and tables on sidewalks, we'll have our Panthers table in a smaller private area, with a pop-up shade structure and some chairs to relax in and have conversations on hot topics including:
- Tenant Opportunity to Purchase Act (TOPA)
- Nursing Home Reform and in-home care options funding
- Disaster & Fire Safety in senior housing
- Bay Area Landless People’s Alliance (BALPA)
- Neighborhood organizing: Poet’s Corner, Adeline Corridor, more
- Aging in Community: Cohousing, Ashby Village, and more
- National and Statewide Gray Panthers campaigns
- National Association of HUD Tenants
- California Alliance for Retired Americans (CARA)
Plus whatever topics you want to talk about.
Drop on by, meet East Bay Gray Panthers leadership, catch up on local issues and national campaigns, and get the opportunity to renew your membership in person.
RSVP here and join us!
Volunteers welcome, get some quality time relaxing in the shade, refreshments provided.
We want all Panthers to have long, healthy lives: Please wear a mask even if you are vaccinated, help us help prevent COVID-19 coming back. The Delta Variant is now known to spread outdoors, much faster than original COVID. We know folks who got it this week, who were already vaccinated.
General event info here.
1830 Solano Ave
Berkeley, CA 94707
Google map and directions