BERKELEY/EAST BAY GRAY PANTHERS SPEAKER MEETING - Open to all!
JANUARY 26, our featured speaker is PAMELA PRICE, an award-winning civil rights attorney based in Oakland who is one of three candidates for the Alameda County District Attorney.
Ms. Price will discuss the programs and powers of the Alameda County District Attorney's Office followed by Questions and Answers.
What can the DA's Office do to support East Bay Gray Panthers and our allies? Areas it is engaged in include:
- Visitation Rights for persons in long-term care facilities and Nursing Home Accountability
- Safety of residents HUD/subsidized senior housing buildings
- Probate Court and Receivership Reforms - the case of Mr. Leonard Powell and NAACP
- Human Rights of the Homeless - access to public services, land, and shelter
- Police Accountability - Mental Health Alternatives and Protection of Victims of Violence by known perpetrators
- Transit Justice
- ADA enforcement
- Source of Income/Section 8 discrimination
RSVP to receive the zoom link and to receive a reminder email.
Get in touch with any questions: 510-842-6224 voice or text
We organize public Speaker Meetings and Member Meetings and Board Meetings throughout the year, usually from 1:30 to 3:30pm on Wednesdays. There is usually time for announcements from Members and the community, and requests for endorsements.
As a nonprofit public-interest education organization, Panthers don't endorse particular candidates. We will welcome other candidates for this office at our future meetings between now and the election.